Gloucester County Photo Identification Cards
The Gloucester County Clerk’s Office provides photo identification for Gloucester County Residents starting at age 5. ID cards will expire in ten years for applicants 16 and older. Applicants 15 and under will receive a five year ID card. Listed below are the requirements to obtain an identification card:
United States citizens must present one of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate issued by Vital Statistics with a raised seal
- Birth Certificates for applicants 13 and under must list both Parents' Names.
- United States Passport Book or Passport Card – Current or expired less than five years
- Naturalization Certificate
Non U.S. Citizens
Non U.S. Citizens must present both documents listed below:
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Current Permanent Resident Card
Identification cards for Non-US Citizens will expire with their Resident Card.
You must present a valid ID issued from New Jersey Motor Vehicle with the exception of the Provisional Driver's License. If you do not have one and you are 18 and over, you may bring someone 20 or over with a valid New Jersey Drivers license to sign an identifying witness affidavit.
Applicants 5 to 17 must bring in a parent or legal guardian with a valid New Jersey ID to sign an identifying witness affidavit. You must provide documentation for guardianship.
You must provide proof of your Gloucester County Address. It must have been mailed less the ninety days ago and include your name and address. The following are some examples:
- Utility or Credit Card Bill
- Checking or Savings Account Statement
- Property Tax or Water Bill
- Paycheck or W-2
- Report Card or Correspondence from school for school age children. We will accept letters addressed to “The Parent’s of..”
If you are unable to provide acceptable Proof of Address, the identification card will be mailed to you.
Fee: $10.00 Cash, Credit Card, or Money Order Only. Checks are not accepted.
If your Gloucester County Photo Identification Card is stolen or lost, you must provide the Gloucester County Clerk’s Office with a police report when you apply for a new card. All applicants must provide the required documentation when reapplying for a replacement card.
This card may not be accepted by any Federal agency for federal identification