The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office is currently seeking applicants for the position of Detective.
Please submit all applications by Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Applicants interested in a position with our Investigative Staff are encouraged to submit their resume to the Chief of Detectives at the following address:
Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office
P.O. Box 623
Woodbury, NJ 08096
The Investigative Division is composed of Criminal Investigation Unit staffed with Detectives who are charged with investigating specific types of crimes. The Detectives work closely with Assistant Prosecutors who are tasked with prosecuting the criminals in Gloucester County Superior Court. The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office serves all municipalities of Gloucester County.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office offers excellent opportunities for diverse assignments and advancement. We offer assignments in:
Arson Investigations - Crime Scene Investigations - Fugitive Investigations - High Tech Crimes
Insurance Fraud - Intelligence Unit - Narcotics Investigations - Special Investigations
The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office has an opening for an Assistant Prosecutor to handle the review, processing and prosecution of juvenile and adult criminal matters. The position provides an opportunity to work both independently as well as part of a prosecutor team. All applicants must possess a Juris Doctor degree and be a member of the New Jersey Bar in good standing. Applicants must possess high moral standards and are subject to a background application. Starting salary is approximately $57,000/year. Please send resume and transcript to the attention of Phyllis Covici at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive Salary;
- Contemporary Work Schedule;
- Excellent Health Benefits;
- Great Work Environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforcement of State, County and local laws
- Criminal investigation
- Crime prevention
- Crime suppression
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license.
- Possess a four-year degree from a college or university, accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education; or
- A two year degree with law enforcement experience; or
- Prior military experience in lieu of a college degree.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum age established by law or regulation.
- Must be sound in body and of good health.
- Must be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense or offense that reflects negatively on your moral character.
- Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
The County of Gloucester is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the policy of the County of Gloucester to ensure equitable and fair treatment of applicants and employees in selection and promotion without regard to race, color, gender, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religious beliefs, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military status, or physical or mental disability that with reasonable accommodation does not significantly interfere with the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.