| |Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
Important Passport NoticesThe US Department of State will increase Passport fees on April 2, 2018. Fees will increase from $25 to $35 per application.
The Department of State Has Changed Passport Requirements Effective January 9, 2017, the Department of State is requiring all customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 to submit a clear copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S. citizenship. Please review the documents below for more detail.Photocopies of Primary U.S. Citizenship EvidenceFAQ's
Click here to download passport forms
Click here to download passport forms
*WARNING - do not pay for passport forms online, they are available here free of charge
Click here for latest travel warnings
Passport photos are available through the Gloucester County Clerk's office at $5.00 per person or $10.00 per family.
Beginning April 1, 2017, FREE PASSPORT PHOTOS for children ages five and younger when applying for a US Passport Book or Card.
Requirements for U.S. Passport Book & Passport Card
Reminder: The Passport Card is for Land and Sea Travel Only
- Prepare unsigned application using black ink. All applicants must apply in person.
- One (1) photo-portrait type 2” by 2”. Important! See specific instructions attached to the application. Photos can be taken at the County Clerk’s Office and the County Store for a fee of $5.00 per person or $10.00 per family. This fee can be added on to the Processing Fee.
- *Birth Certificate listing both parents names (no matter what age you are) with impressed or raised seal of issuing agent or Expired Passport or Naturalization Papers. Important! Hospital Birth Certificates and Baptismal Certificates are Not Acceptable! Per the Department of State, we can no longer accept Birth Certificates issued by Secaucus/Jersey City/Hudson County Vital Statistics. Birth Certificates and Naturalization papers go with the Application and will be returned either with the new Passport or 10-14 days later. If you need copies of these documents, please make them prior to applying. All children 15 and under must submit an expired passport (if available) along with the long form birth certificate listing both parents’ names. Both parents must be present when applying. Please know applicant’s social security number.
- A Driver’s License or an Expired Passport. If you do not have either of these forms of identification, then please call our office for further instruction. All out of state applicants must provide a secondary ID such as a school/work ID, health card or social security card.
- Application (Passport) Fee: Paid by Check or Money Order only to US Department of State. Please note that each application must have its own check or money order.
- Processing (Acceptance) Fee: Paid by Visa/MasterCard/Discover, Cash, Check or Money Order to Gloucester County Clerk. $25.00 per Applicant. If you apply for the Passport Book and Passport Card at the same time, you only pay this fee once. No out-of-state checks will be accepted for the Processing Fee. Please note that the application fee and the processing fee cannot be combined as each fee is paid to a separate entity.
- Processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks. If you require expedited service, please call our office to find what additional fees are required. Please be advised that processing times are subject to change.
- Per the Department of State we are no longer able to accept the older version of the DS-11 form for a Routine Passport Application which expired in December of 2013. The expiration date can be found on the first page of the form in the upper right corner. Please follow the link at the top of the page to access the new form.
*Please note that the Passport Fee and the Acceptance Fee are paid separately.
Please review the passport fee chart on the Department of State website for a breakdown of fees.
New Requirement for U.S. Birth Certificates
Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State will require the full names of the applicant’s parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information will not be acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This will not affect applications already in-process that have been submitted or accepted before the effective date.
In addition to this requirement, certified copies of birth certificates must also include the following information to be considered acceptable primary evidence of U.S. citizenship:
- Full name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full names of applicant's parents
- Raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
- Registrar’s signature
- The date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year)
*If you were born in Puerto Rico, please click here for further instructions.
*If you have a birth certificate that does not meet these requirements, please see Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.
Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
If you cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, you must submit secondary evidence of U.S. citizenship. Determine what form of secondary evidence is most appropriate for your situation based on the descriptions below.
Early Public Records
If you were born in the United States and cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, submit a combination of early public records as evidence of your U.S. citizenship. Early public records must be submitted with a Letter of No Record. Early public records should show your name, date of birth, place of birth, and preferably be created within the first five years of your life. Examples of early public records are:
- Baptismal certificate
- Hospital birth certificate
- Census record
- Early school record
- Family bible record
- Doctor's record of post-natal care
Early Public Records are not acceptable when presented alone.
Important Passport Requirements and Reminders
- All applicants must apply in person. No exceptions.
- All children 15 and under must submit an expired passport (if available) along with the long form birth certificate listing both parents’ names. Both parents must be present as well. Please know applicant’s social security number.
- The Passport Card is for Land and Sea Travel only.
- Passport Fees and Acceptance (Processing) Fees are paid separately.
- Passports can be processed only at the following County Clerk locations:
GLOUCESTER COUNTY COURTHOUSE
1 N. Broad Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am—4 pm
GLOUCESTER COUNTY STORE
1750 Deptford Center Road
Deptford, NJ 08096
Monday thru Friday 10 am—9 pm
Saturday 10 am—5:30 pm
Due to a change in policy, the U.S. Department of State has mandated that the Gloucester County Clerk’s Office can no longer process U.S. Passport Applications or distribute Passport Forms from their Satellite Locations. Please visit the above locations for passport processing services.
If there are any questions regarding your application, then please contact the County Clerk’s Office at the numbers listed above.